We will discover the traces of the past, we head north of Puerto Natales a little over 25 km, we begin a day of exploration by visiting the Archaeological Park located inside Estancia Ernesto Helmer, a landscape that is born from the bottom of the sea and that today we can walk and observe its mountains, cracks, eaves and valleys.
In the sector it is possible to access the buttocks of condors that dominate the skies in that place and once we reach the summit we will obtain a spectacular panoramic view of the Eberhard Fjord and Canal Señoret.
Cerro Benítez is part of a paleontological sector that houses cave paintings approximately 3,500 years old. We will visit the cave of the window and then on the south east side we will enter the hidden cave (here we must access with frontal and pointed and elbow lamps), This cave has an approximate height of 4 meters and its size is approximately 70 square meters. We can observe thousand-year-old stalatives that were formed as a result of the accumulation of salts and minerals plus a constant drip of water, taking thousands of years to form.
Once this exciting visit is over, leaving the cave, we continue our walk in the direction of the eaves called “Dos herraduras” through lush forests, finally we can see cave paintings on the rocky walls.
CANCELLATION or MODIFICATION DEADLINE: 72 HOURS
This means that 72 hours before you can cancel your reservation or change the date of tour if available.
- SEPTEMBER to APRIL: Departures to be confirmed with 2 passengers minimum.
- AM : Pick up at hotels: 8:00 – 8:20 AM app. / Return : 2:00 PM app
- PM : Pick up at hotels: 3:00 – 3:20 PM app. / Return : 9:00 PM app.
- Pick up & drop off at hotels (located within urban area only), shared transportation, english speaking guide, trekking poles, feeding.
- Entrance ticket to Archaeological Park ( $ 10.000 CLP per person – Cash only)
September 2022 to April 2023
Price per person
$ 40.000 CLP