The “Estancia Fitz Roy” is located 59 miles from Punta Arenas on the shores of Isla Riesco. It is the perfect place to relive the past and traditions of the Magellanic countryside, its history and nature of Chilean Patagonia.The “Estancia Fitz Roy” is located 59 miles from Punta Arenas on the shores of Isla Riesco. It is the perfect place to relive the past and traditions of the Magellanic countryside, its history and nature of Chilean Patagonia.
The check in is at 10:15 am at “Buses Fernandez” (Armando Sanhueza Street # 745, Punta Arenas). Here begins , the 1-hour trip , including a navigation on “ferry”, which in just 5 minutes crosses to the Island and from there there are only 7 kilometers to the Estancia.
Upon arrival at the estancia and after the welcome the services are:
• Patagonian Lunch: Pisco sour, lamb barbacue to the stick , with a variety of salads, dessert, tea or coffee, wines and drinks.
• Tour by the Estancia: To know its typical facilities, such as the “shearing shed”, “corrals”, “employee’s houses”, “shearer’s house”, “tool rooms”, motors, poultry houses, among others, as well as the museum with more than 4000 pieces and 100 years of cattle and mining history of the island.
• Visit to Chapel: Built with native woods and wagon wheels
• Local flora and fauna: In the place you can observe “alpacas”, “ponies”, a “puma” and a great variety of flowers.
• Activities: Sheep shearing show, sheep bath and horse and cart rides.
• Magellanic Snack: With sopaipillas (fried bread), cake, tea, coffee, milk, etc.
Later, the trip back to Punta Arenas begins.
Cancellation policy: 12 days
To be confirmed
Check in at Bus Fernandez office: 10:15 am / Departure: 10:30 am / Return : 7:00 pm approx.
Round trip transportation, patagonian lunch, magellanic snack, tour and described activites at the estancia.
Transportation hotel / office / hotel
September 2023 to March 2024
(except December 25th and January 1st)
Season and price
to be confirmed