Two National Historical Monuments situated on 130 hectares of grassland, scrub and native forests spanning just see 3 miles of coastline give life to “Park of the Strait of Magellan” (Fort Bulnes- Port Famine). The park, located across from Tierra del Fuego and only 37 miles south of Patagonia’s historical capital, the city of Punta Arenas, provides an excellent scenario in which to discover the processes that shaped the landscape, the flora & fauna that inhabits it, and the miles-tones that mark the presence of mankind in Patagonia´s far south. As a historical place has several attractions:
- Visitor Center: The gate to the Strait. The visitor center hosts an interpretative a multimedia display about the natural and human history of the strait of The Center’s terrace offers unmatching views of Port Famine.
- Fort Bulnes (National Historical Monument): Historical reconstruction of the original Fort built by a young Chilean Republic when it claimed possession of the Strait in The fort explains the origins of the City of Punta Arenas and it’s also
- Strait Viewpoint: An easy 20-minute-walk through the “Windy Forest” leads to our main viewpoint, strategically located at the end of the park’s peninsula and almost 4 kilometers (2,5 miles) within the Strait.
- Port Famine (National Historical Monument): Access restricted due to conservation efforts. We recommend to observe this area from the Visitor Center’s terrace.
- “Del Estrecho” Cafe & Souvenirs: Located at Visitors Center. Enjoy a break and recall the best memories of your
- Roundabout: Half of Chile: This roundabout is located outside of the protected park area, yet you cannot miss the chance of visiting it. Located at the end of the paved road, it is less than 1 kilometer away from the park access; in which you can find a monolith known as “the Half of Chile”. Which pointed out the half of the national territory considering the north limit of the country to the south
CANCELLATION or MODIFICATION DEADLINE: 72 HOURS
This means that 72 hours before you can cancel your reservation or change the date of tour if available.
Operation and Minimum passengers
• September 2020 to April 2021: Daily departures (except December 25th and January 1st)
• Rest of the year: Departures to be confirmed.
- Pick Up at hotels, round trip shared transportation with spanish speaking driver only, english speaking guide at the park (Sept to April only)
- Entrance tickets, guide at round trip transportation.
September 2022 to April 2023
(Except DEC 24-25 & JAN 1st )
Price per person:
$ 25.000 CLP