Passengers must do check in at office at 6:30 am (time to be confirmed). From there passengers are transferred to the shipping point located in “Sector Laredo”, 15 miles north of the city. After 30 or 40 minutes of navigation through the waters of “Estrecho de Magallanes” (Strait of Magellan) we arrive to Marta Island and then to Magdalena Island.
Both islands form an interesting ecosystem, making a fascinating place to visit, whereas Marta Island lodges more than 1000 Sea lions, Cormorants, Skuas, Austral seagull, Antartic pigeon and Sea elephants. The Magdalena Island allows us to interact with one of the vastets colonies of Magellan Penguins (around 150.000 birds). During the navigation it is possible to sight Austral Dolphins and Overas Toninas (kind of dolphins).
In order to protect wild life, Marta Island only allows us to circumnavigate the island to admire and photograph the Colony and the diversity of marine birds that live there. However in Magdalena Island it is possible to disembark for about one hour, to walk and to interact with the colony and visit its Museum-Lighthouse.
Cancellation policy: 5 DAYS
Operation and departures
- Daily departures from October to March (except December 25th and January 1st)
- Minimum no required.
- Check in at office: 6:30 am / Transfer to shipping point / Departure: 7:30 am / Return: 11:30 -11:45 am aprox.
- Round trip transportation from office , shared navigation, waterproof, safety jackets, entrance tickets, english speaking guide on board.
- Transfer hotel / office / hotel.
Recommendations Policies and Cancellations
Given the nature of Patagonia, we recommend the use of warm and waterproof clothing, hat, personal backpack with nylon bag to carry cameras and others, gloves, use of sunscreen, shoes.
Policies and Cancellations
1.- Refunds and cancellations
In case of suspension by weather conditions, 100% of the amount paid is refunded.
- In case of not being able to disembark on the Island due to weather conditions, 50% of the amount paid will be refunded.
2.- Damage or loss of equipment.
The company Solo Expediciones is not responsible for damage or loss of equipment, money, etc., during the development of the tour.
- Children who make the trip will be the responsibility of the parents, or the responsible adults.
Causes for suspension of excursions
a)The Maritime Authority may suspend the departure if the navigation conditions are not suitable for safety.
b)The Captain of the ship can cancel the navigation if he considers that the navigation conditions are not appropriate.
OCT 1, 2019 up to MAR 31, 2020
(except Dec 25 and Jan 1)
Price per person